The Best Soft and Chewy Snickerdoodle Cookies Ever
The perfect snickerdoodle cookie doesn't exist? We beg to differ.
This recipe works for however you like your snickerdoodles. Like them thin and crunchy? Sure, go ahead and flatten them out a little bit. Prefer them soft and gooey in the center? Why not, feel free to leave them in little balls!
However you like your cookies, one thing is for sure: this recipe is easy, fast, and has the most cinnamon sugar per bite capita.
Why? Because we believe in double dipping. No, not the gross kind of double dipping. The secret to fabulous snickerdoodles is in the double coating of cinnamon and sugar.
Not only does it create a lovely browned color on the exterior of the cookie, it also makes a nice crunchy shell to bite into. Mmmmm...
Now, if you'd like your cookies to be uniform in size, use a Cookie Scoop! This gadget comes in handy when it comes to making confectionaries. But most importantly, it comes in handy to make cookies that are perfectly sized.
We use the scoop to measure, then roll the cookies using our hands into little balls. Dip into the cinnamon sugar mixture, then dip again to make sure it's super duper coated in that cinnamon-y goodness.
Once everything has baked up to your liking, move them to the cooling rack using a mini-flex spatula! Directly into your mouth if you're adventurous like that too. They're the perfect size for cookie moving.
Cheers to the best snickerdoodle cookies out there! Happy eating!
RSVP/Endurance® products that we used to make the cookies!
Medium and Large Melamine Bowls
Spring Release Scoop
Spice Measuring Spoons
Nesting Measuring Cups
Mini Flexible Spatula
Ela's Silicone Spatula
Prep Bowls with lids
Soft & chewy snickerdoodle cookies coated in a crunchy cinnamon sugar crust.
- 1Cup Unsalted butter room temperature
- 1-1/2Cup Sugar
- 2Large eggs
- 2tsp Vanilla
- 2-3/4Cups All-purpose Flour
- 2tsp Cream of tartar
- 1/2tsp Baking soda
- 1tsp Salt
Cinnamon Sugar for Rolling
- 1/2Cup Sugar
- 2Tbsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar for about 5 minutes until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Cream an additional 2 minutes until smooth.
- In medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Add to butter mixture and mix until fully incorporated.
- Wrap dough and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Use a cookie scoop to measure each ball evenly. Roll in cinnamon sugar mixture and place onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Coat a second time in cinnamon sugar.
- Flatten cookies slightly with your hand to about a 3/4 inch thickness.
Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then place on cooling rack. Eat as many as you can in one sitting.